Job vacancy: Sensorial Experience Designer (Internship)
Would you like to join us in our mission to create a better life for people in buildings and cities worldwide? UNSense – the arch tech company founded by UNStudio – is looking for a Sensorial Experience Design Intern in order to help the team create new products and services in the interweaving between the physical and the digital spaces. This person will be focusing on various aspects of design, such as research, ideation, design, and implementation. He/she will be able to connect technology concepts with spatial solutions and vice versa. The candidate will work in Freedom Lab, a cross-innovation hub in Amsterdam, within a multidisciplinary team of architects, designers and technology experts. The duration of the internship is between 6-12 months (ideally 12 months).
Your day to day:
- Participate in the design of concepts, drawings, models and other design materials
- Participate in ideation processes (brainstorming, workshops), conception and development of products/services
- Assist in the development of conceptual designs which can be translated into tangible solutions
- Assist in the design of the required functionalities and/or information that help the experience render its goals
- Write research papers and assemble workshop and tutorial packages
- Currently enrolled in a Master degree or equivalent in Architecture, or Product Design, or Product Engineering or Interaction Design.
- Knowledge of 3D modelling/2D drawing in multiple programs
- Knowledge of visualization and diagramming software
- Knowledge of IoT sensors and programming
- Highly motivated, self-guided, and research driven
- Willing to contribute to our collective knowledge culture
- Fluency in English (multilingual is a plus)
- Ability to work 40 hours per week
What we offer:
- Paid internship
- Opportunity to create positive experiences in people’s lives
- Opportunity to develop personal and professional skills
- Work with multidisciplinary teams
- An office in the city centre of Amsterdam (Freedom Lab)
We look forward to receiving your C.V./resume + portfolio+ short motivation letter before July 27th, 2018 at email@example.com. Please add the vacancy title to the subject in your email as well as the preferred period of the internship.