Job vacancy: Service & Interaction Designer (internship)
40 hours/Full-time – Amsterdam
Would you like to join us in our mission to create a better life for people in buildings and cities worldwide? UNSense – the arch tech company founded by UNStudio – is looking for a Service & Interaction Design Intern in order to help the team create new products and services in the interweaving between the physical and the digital spaces.
Service & interaction design are at the heart of our design process. The service & interaction designer supports interaction design and service design activities on projects, including client workshops, creative brainstorms, interaction design, and service design definition. This is your opportunity to be part of a team that is creating positive impact for our clients and the world by creating products and services that people love.
Your day to day:
- Conduct the primary research (qualitative and quantitative) necessary to create service blueprints;
- Uncover user needs through research, develop deep insights, generate concepts, and craft how people will interact with the products and services we design;
- Quickly formulate hypotheses based on insights (from primary research) and intuition (experience) related to pain-points, expectancy gaps, and moments of truth in the customer experience;
- Design and participate multi-disciplinary co-creation workshops at different points throughout the product- and service-design lifecycle to explore these hypotheses;
- Model journeys quickly (today, tomorrow) to identify opportunities (ideas and concepts) to test hypotheses;
- Create key Service & Interaction Design deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field (i.e. Service design, Industrial Design, Product design, UX/UI design, Visuals, IT, Psychology)
- Experience withrelevant software such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Omnigraffle Confluence, JIRA.
- Ability to create experience maps, user journeys and service blueprints, interaction models, flows, and wireframes.
- Knowledge of and experience with applying user-centered design processes.
- Understanding of areas of specialization within the greater design landscape, including but not limited to Design Research, Visual Design, and Content Design.
What we offer:
- Paid internship
- Opportunity to create positive experiences in people’s lives
- Opportunity to develop personal and professional skills
- Work with multidisciplinary teams
- An office in the city centre of Amsterdam (Freedom Lab)
We look forward to receiving your C.V./resume + portfolio+ short motivation letter before September 31th, 2018 at email@example.com. Please add the vacancy title to the subject in your email as well as the preferred period of the internship.